Monday, August 25, 2014

Sniper's 4th birthday

Sniper, age 17 weeks on the day he came home to Mama
Today, Sniper turns 4.  He came home to me after my ex and I split up.  As the resident old man in this crazy group of 4 cats and 2 humans, he has seen a ton of changes in the last (almost) 4 years.  He started out super whiny and he's just kinda gotten worse as he's gotten older. 

Sniper is crazy attached to me.  He follows me around like a dog and, well, I've kinda trained him like a dog.  Since he's most likely a Maine Coon mix, I figured that he was gonna be a big cat and needed to learn some manners.  So in addition to his name (which he knows so well that he'll look at the TV if he hears it), I taught him how to sit, stay, wait, up, around, come, drop it, leave it, bring it to Mama, get out of my room, out of my kitchen, don't be rude, and the most important one of all, I'M DONE AND DON'T WANT TO SEE YOUR FACE.  He runs when he hears that one and will meow pitifully from under the table like "I'm sorry Mama" so I'll pet him.  Fortunately, he doesn't hear that one too often.  Of course, he IS a cat so he will only comply with these commands when HE thinks it's a good idea.  Or for food - he'll usually comply for food.

he still sleeps like this a lot

He sleeps with me most every night.  Well, "with me" meaning that he's on the floor beside the bed under the air conditioning vent.  I have yet to find a people food that he won't at least try.  He loves peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with some milk to go with it.  And yes, he does get his own teeny sandwich.  I've never known a cat that will eat watermelon and apples, but he will. 

Fortunately, Sniper is very tolerant of all 3 kittens that he's had to be introduced to in the last 3 years.  He still kinda hates Georgie, but he's as attached to Harper as he is to me.  He's still waiting to see how he feels about Saturn but he really likes chasing her and swatting her feet out from under her so she'll turn flips. 

Happy birthday Sniper!  I hope we get a crap ton more years with you. 

Love,

Mama, H, Harper, Georgie and Saturn


No comments:

Post a Comment