Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Cats are evil

My three cats are evil.  There's really no other way to put it.  I've known that Georgie was bad for a while, but now that I think about it, the other two aren't really all that good either. 
 
Georgie is a destroyer.   All toilet paper MUST be put under my bathroom sink or Georgie will decimate it in about 3 minutes (I'm talking the huge, Charmin triple roll here).  Paper towels are also fair game if they are left where he can get to them.  iPhone charger cables and earbuds are just too tempting and he just can't help but destroy them.  I think he's destroyed 4 cables and 10 pairs of earbuds.  My iPhone and iPad charge on top of the printer so he can't get to the cables.  I don't own earbuds because they don't fit in my ears, but H needs a new pair to replace the eaten pair at least every 8 weeks or so. 

Sniper takes great pleasure in knocking everything off my beside table except for the fan so he can sit in front of it and let it blow his fuzz in my face.  He also knows how to open drawers and cabinets to get whatever I've taken away from him.  He figured out how to open the back door if it isn't locked when he was about 5 months old.  I don't really need to buy any toys for him.  He will just go in the garbage can and find something in there to play with.  He keeps doing this even though I'm certain that he knows it grosses me out.  His latest thing is to stand on my stomach and meow in my face at 6:58am - 10 minutes before the alarm goes off - because his food bowl is empty.   Then he runs when I start to get up as if saying "that wasn't ME meowing.  It was Georgie"

Harper can hear my bedside table drawer open from across the apartment AND in a dead sleep.  She will take off in a flat run because she is certain there is something in there that she must have between her teeny little paws immediately.  She also has figured out how to open my closet door so she (and the boys who follow her in there) can poke around in there and hopefully find some contraband.  If she were brave enough, she would growl at me when I make her get out of there.  It's one of two places in the house that they are not allowed to go - the other is Henry's room.  Ponytail holders are in danger from her teeny little mouth.  She can't resist them.  I keep trying to loop one on her tail so she will run in circles to get it, but she doesn't fall for that.

But then they are super sweet and purr and curl up in little cat balls to sleep with Mama every night so I guess I'll keep them.  Besides, my queen size bed is much too big if they aren't taking up about 80% of it. 
Harper (back), Georgie (middle) and Sniper (front) on Mama's bed

No comments:

Post a Comment